SGC Modern Homes
About The Dream Home
This year’s Dream Home is situated in a quiet sought after neighborhood of Bright’s Grove, located a short stroll from the beautiful sandy beaches of Lake Huron. This gorgeous two storey home features an open concept main floor with gas fireplace, stunning custom cabinets with quartz countertops, two piece powder room and large windows throughout bringing in lots of natural light. Upstairs consists of 3 spacious bedrooms with a 4 piece shared bath and an upper laundry room with sink built-ins. The primary bedroom features a stunning 5 piece ensuite, walk in closet and glass doors that open to your own balcony where you can listen to the waves during your morning coffee. The lower level features a fully finished open concept rec room with 3 piece bath and tons of storage in the utility room.
Fully Furnished Dream Home
or $800,000 cash
$1,050,000 (plus furniture & electronics ($95,203.04) and appliances ($13,840.24) for a total value of $1,159,043.28. Floral arrangements, artwork and small accessories are not included.)
Purchase By: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 11:59 pm
Draw Date: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 10:00 am. Announcement at 12:00 pm
51' x 78'
Total Square Footage - 2549 Sqft
Finished Square Footage - 2423 Sqft
Laid back modern lakeside living. The design has a California modern beach vibe with a twist of dark millwork. A modern aesthetic made cozy and livable
Not yet determined
Architectural Design by Bayview Design. Interior Design by LJ Design Co.
50” Alluravision Electric Fireplace (2)
- Engineered white oak hardwood flooring
- White oak ceiling wood treatments in entry, kitchen, primary bedroom and bar
- Linear Alluravision 50” fireplaces (2x)
- Custom mirrors
- Full height quartz backsplash in kitchen
- Walk out balcony in primary bedroom
- Double metal and glass barn doors opening into Primary bathroom with separate water closet
- Custom white oak hand rail with lighting
- Grand staircase with millwork, large light fixture and grand window
- Basement wet bar with refrigerator
- Basement fireplace with built in’s
- Custom window treatments
- 55” TV’s (2)
- Cabinetry including kitchen, bathrooms, bar, laundry, walk-in closet, and built in’s by Sarnia Cabinets
- Cambria Quartz on all countertops by Progressive Countertop
- Flooring by Sacwal Sarnia
- Hardwood by Craft (Urbanwood)
- Plumbing fixtures by Plympton Plumbing
- Appliances by North End Appliances
- Lighting by The Lighting Shoppe
- Fence and deck by Bluewater Home Hardware
- Fully fenced rear yard with vinyl deck system
- Pro-slate and epoxy custom coloured floor in garage by Garage-All
- Garage is insulated with Heating/Cooling System (Heat Pump).
- Metal Roof System with 55 year warranty
What If I Win?
What happens after the draw?
Notification of Winners: All prize winners will be notified by telephone or mail following the completion of the draw(s). Prize winners will be notified by February 16, 2022. All prizes, except for home, will be mailed by February 28, 2023. The names of all prize winners will be published on our website.
Acceptance of Prizes: Prizes must be accepted as awarded, as per the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation. All values stated are retail at the time of tender, they are approximate and include applicable taxes and freight.
Winning the Home or Taking the Cash
I want to take the Dream Home!
Income Tax: In the Province of Ontario, all lottery winnings are considered a windfall and are tax-free.
Selling the Home: There are no restrictions to selling the home. However, the house is “as is” condition and no changes/revisions will be made at any time. We recommend you contact a legal professional with specific questions.
Transfer of Title: The winner will officially gain title to the home on or before February 28, 2023.
I want to take the cash!
If you choose $800,000 cash, you will receive payment by cheque on or before February 28, 2023. If you choose to take the cash option, you are declining to accept the dream home in lieu of a monetary value. You will have no claim to the dream home or any items contained within (furnishings, electronics, etc.).
Tour the Destination
- All walls are Chantilly Lace - Benjamin Moore
- All dark highlights are Wrought Iron - Benjamin Moore
Appliances from Northend Appliance
- Refrigerator, range, range hood, dishwasher
- Bar fridge
- Maytag Fridge
- Maytag Range
- Maytag Dishwasher
- Vent-a-Hood Hood
- Leather bar stools (4)
- Custom Leather Banquette
- Round Dining Table
- Chairs (2)
- Wall art
- Custom Sofa
- Large accent chairs (2)
- Accent chair
- Wool rug
- Window treatments (3)
- 55” TV
- Wood Platform Bed frame
- End tables (2)
- Lamps (3)
- Custom drapes/roman blinds
- Twin bed frame
- Nightstand (2)
- Lamp (2)
- Window treatments
- Queen bed frame
- Night table (2)
- Lamp (2)
- Pouf (2)
- Window treatments
Basement Living Room
- Modular sofa
- Coffee table
- End table (2)
- Console table
Staging items are supplied by LJ Design Co. and will be removed prior to closing. All furniture is supplied by LJ Design Co. and can be purchase by contacting 519-491-7741
* Due to market fluctuations and availability, the market value of the prizes may rise or diminish over time. If a prize becomes unavailable or is not able to be obtained in a reasonable length of time, a similar prize may be given for equal or greater value at the discretion of Bluewater Health Foundation.
This year’s stunning dream home is located at 1955 Orchard Ave, Bright’s Grove. Bright’s Grove is located on the shores of Lake Huron and is located just 20 minutes outside the city core of Sarnia, Ontario. It features sandy beaches, great food, parks and golf courses.
Come see this year’s dream home at our open houses (every Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 4 pm).
As a reminder, please be considerate of your potential neighbours! This is a residential neighborhood, so drive slowly. Parking is available on the street, but please park accordingly. Do not block driveways or park in a way that will block the access to the road.
Alternatively, local businesses have graciously offered to allow parking in their lots on Waterworks Rd. Signage will be placed to indicate the available parking. If you are able to walk, please use that parking and enjoy the 2 minute stroll to the dream home.
List of Open Houses
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022 - 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, September 10, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, September 11, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, September 17, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, September 18, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, September 24, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, September 25, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 1, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, October 2, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 15, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, October 16, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 – 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 22, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, October 23, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, October 30, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, November 5, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, November 6, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, November 12, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, November 13, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, November 19, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, November 20, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday, November 23, 2022 – 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, November 26, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, November 27, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, December 3, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, December 4, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, December 10, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, December 11, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, December 17, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, December 18, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, January 7, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, January 8, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023 – 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, January 14, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, January 15, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, January 22, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday, January 28, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Sunday, January 29, 2023 – 1 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 – 11 am to 4 pm